34. Power to make rules in respect of matters in this Chapter.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification, make rules to carry out the purposes of this Chapter.
(2) In particular and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing power, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely:-
(a) the travelling and other allowances payable to members of the Council under sub-section (5) of section 31; and
(b) the procedure to be followed in the meetings of the Council under sub-section (4) of section 33.
(3) Every rule made by the Central Government under this Chapter shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.
1. The words, brackets, letters and figures "and clause (j) of sub-section (2) of section 30A" omitted by Act of 9 of 2014, s.9 (w.e.f. 4-3-2014).