17. Director and Deputy Director.-
(1) The Director 1 of an Institute shall be appointed by the Visitor, on such terms and conditions of service and on the recommendations of a Selection Committee constituted by him in such manner, as may be prescribed by the Statutes.
(2) The Director shall be the principal academic and executive officer of the Institute and shall be responsible for the proper administration of the Institute and for the imparting of instruction and maintenance of discipline therein.
(3) The Director shall submit annual reports and accounts to the Board.
(4) The Director shall exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or Ordinances.
2[(5) The Deputy Director of every Institute shall be appointed in such manner and on such terms and conditions as may be laid down by the Statutes and shall exercise such powers and perform such duties as may be assigned to him by this Act or the Statutes or by the Director.]