96. Imposition of other taxes.
(1) The Council may, at a meeting, pass a resolution for the levy of any of the taxes specified in sub-section (2) of section 60, defining the maximum rate of the tax to be levied, the class or classes of persons or the description or descriptions of articles and properties to be taxed, the system of assessment to be adopted and the exemptions, if any, to be granted.
(2) Any resolution passed under sub-section (1) shall be submitted to the Central Government for its sanction, and if sanctioned by that Government, shall come into force on and from such date as may be specified in the order of sanction.
(3) After a resolution has come into force under sub-section (2), the Council may, subject to the maximum rate, pass a second resolution determining the actual rates at which the tax shall be leviable and the tax shall come into force on the first day of the quarter of the year next following the date on which such second resolution is passed.
(4) After a tax has been levied in accordance with foregoing provisions of this section, the provisions of sub-section (2) of section 55, shall apply in relation to such tax as they apply in relation to any tax imposed under sub-section (1) of section 60.