74. Notice of transfers.
(1) Whenever the title of any person primarily liable for the payment of property tax on any land or building is transferred, the person whose title is transferred and the person to whom the same is transferred shall within three months after the execution of the instrument of transfer or after registration, if it is registered, or after the transfer is effected, if no instrument is executed, give notice of such transfer in writing to the Chairperson.
(2) In the event of the death of any person primarily liable as aforesaid, the person on whom the title of the deceased devolves, shall give notice of such devolution to the Chairperson within six months from the date of the death of the deceased.
(3) The notice to be given under this section shall be in such form as may be determined by bye-lawsmade under this Act, and the transferee or the other person on whom the title devolves shall, if so required, be bound to produce before the Chairperson any document evidencing the transfer or devolution.
(4) Every person who makes a transfer as aforesaid without giving such notice to the Chairperson shall, in addition to any penalty to which he may be subjected under the provisions of this Act, continue to be liable for the payment of property tax from time to time payable in respect of the land or building transferred until he gives such notice or until the transfer has been recorded in the Chairperson's book, but nothing in this section shall be held to affect the liability of the transferee for the payment of the said tax.
(5) The Chairperson shall record every transfer or devolution of title notified to him under this section in his books and in the assessment list.
(6) On a written request by the Chairperson, the registrar or sub-registrar of New Delhi appointed under the Registration Act, 1908 (16 of 1908), shall furnish such particulars regarding the registration of instruments of transfer of immovable properties in New Delhi, as the Chairperson may from time to time require.
(7) Such information shall be furnished as soon as may be after the registration of an instrument of transfer is effected or, if the Chairperson so requests, by periodical returns at such intervals as the Chairperson may fix.