70. Assessment list.
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this Act, the Council shall cause an assessment list of all lands and buildings in New Delhi to be prepared in such form and manner and containing such particulars with respect to each land and building as may be prescribed by bye-laws.
(2) When the assessment list has been prepared the Chairperson shall give public notice thereof and of the place where the list or a copy thereof may be inspected, and every person claiming to be the owner, lessee or occupier of any land or building included in the list and any authorised agent of such person, shall be at liberty to inspect the list and to take extracts therefrom free of charge.
(3) The Chairperson shall, at the same time, give public notice of a date, not less than one month thereafter, when he will proceed to consider the rateable values of lands and buildings entered in the assessment list; and in all cases in which any land or building is for the first time assessed, or the rateable value of any land or building is increased, he shall also give written notice thereof to the owner or to any lessee or occupier of the land or building.
(4) Any objection to a rateable value or any other matter as entered in the assessment list shall be made in writing to the Chairperson before the date fixed in the notice and shall state in what respect the rateable value, or other matter is disputed, and all objections so made shall be recorded in a register to be kept for the purpose.
(5) The objections shall be inquired into and investigated, and the persons making them shall be allowed an opportunity of being heard either in person or by authorised agent, by the Chairperson or by any officer of the Council authorised in this behalf by the Chairperson.
(6) When all objections have been disposed of, and the revision of the rateable value has been completed, the assessment list shall be authenticated by signature of the Chairperson or, as the case may be, the officer authorised by him in this behalf, who shall certify that except in the case, if any in which amendments have been made as shown therein, no valid objection has been made to the rateable value or any other matter entered in said list.
(7) The assessment list so authenticated shall be deposited in the office of the Council and shall be open, free of charge during office hours to all owners, lessees and occupiers of lands and buildings comprised therein or the authorised agents of such persons, and a public notice that it is so open shall forthwith be published.