56. Power of Council to alter budget estimates.
(1) On the recommendation of the Chairperson in respect of the budget estimate, the Council may from time to time, during the year,
(i) increase the amount of budget-grant under any head;
(ii) make additional budget-grant for the purpose of meeting any special or unforeseen requirement arising during the said year;
(iii) transfer the amount or portion of the amount of the budget-grant under any head to any other head; or
(iv) reduce the amount of the budget-grant under any head:
Provided that due regard shall be had to all the requirements of this Act and in making any increase or any additional budget-grant, the estimated cash balance at the close of the year shall not be reduced below the sum of one lakh rupees or such higher sum as the Council may determine in respect of the budget estimate.
(2) Every increase in a budget-grant and every additional budget-grant made in any year undersub-section (1) shall be deemed to be included in the budget estimates finally adopted for that year.
(3) The Council may from time to time during the year
(a) reduce the amount of a budget-grant; or
(b) sanction the transfer of any amount within a budget-grant.
(4) The Chairperson may from time to time during the year sanction the transfer of any amount not exceeding ten thousand rupees within a minor head if such transfer does not involve a recurring liability:
Provided that every such transfer if it exceeds ten thousand rupees shall be reported forthwith by the Chairperson to the Council and the Chairperson shall give effect to any order that may be passed by the Council in relation thereto.