339. Signature, conditions, duration, suspension, revocation, etc., of licences and writtenpermissions.
(1) Whenever it is provided in this Act or any bye-law made thereunder that a licence or a written permission may be granted for any purpose, such licence or written permission shall be signed by the Chairperson or by the officer empowered to grant the same under this Act or the bye-laws made thereunder or by any officer authorised by the Chairperson or such officer in this behalf and shall specify in addition to any other matter required to be specified under any other provision of this Act or any provision of any bye-law made thereunder
(a) the date of the grant thereof;
(b) the purpose and the period (if any) for which it is granted;
(c) restrictions or conditions, if any, subject to which it is granted;
(d) the name and address of the person to whom it is granted; and
(e) the fee, if any, paid for the licence or written permission.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in this Act or any bye-law made thereunder, for every such licence or written permission a fee may be charged at such rate as may from time to time be fixed by the Chairperson with the sanction of the Council and such fee shall be payable by the person to whom the licence or written permission is granted.
(3) Save as otherwise provided in this Act or any bye-law made thereunder any licence or written permission granted under this Act any bye-law made thereunder may at any time be suspended or revoked by the Chairperson or by the officer by whom it was granted, if he is satisfied that it has been secured by the grantee through misrepresentation or fraud or if any of its restrictions or conditions have been infringed or evaded by the grantee, or if the grantee has been convicted for the contravention of any of the provisions of this Act or any bye-law made thereunder relating to any matter for which the licence or permission has been granted:
(a) before making any order of suspension or revocation reasonable opportunity shall be accorded to the grantee of the licence or the written permission to show cause why it should not be suspended or revoked;
(b) every such order shall contain a brief statement of the reasons for the suspension or revocation of the licence or the written permission.
(4) When any such licence or written permission is suspended or revoked, or when the period for which the same was granted has expired, the grantee shall, for all purposes of this Act or any bye-lawmade thereunder, be deemed to be without a licence or written permission until such time as the order suspending or revoking the licence or written permission is rescinded or until the licence or written permission is renewed.
(5) Every grantee of any licence or written permission granted under this Act shall at all reasonable times, while such licence or written permission remains in force, if so required by the Chairperson or the authority by whom it was granted, produce such licence or written permission.