241. Sanction or refusal of building or work.
(1) The Chairperson shall sanction the erection of a building or the execution of a work unless such building or work would contravene any of the provisions of sub-section (2) of this section or the provisions of section 245.
(2) The grounds on which the sanction of a building or work may be refused shall be the following, namely:
(a) that the building or work or the use of the site for the building or work or any of the particulars comprised in the site plan, ground plan, elevation, section or specification would contravene the provisions of any bye-law made in this behalf or of any other law or rule, bye-law or order made under such other law;
(b) that the notice for sanction does not contain the particulars or is not prepared in the manner required under the bye-laws made in this behalf;
(c) that any information or documents required by the Chairperson under this Act or anybye-laws made thereunder has or have not been duly furnished;
(d) that in cases falling under section 216, lay-out plans have not been sanctioned in accordance with section 217;
(e) that the building or work would be an encroachment on Central Government or Government land or land vested in the Council;
(f) that the site of the building or work does not abut on a street or projected street and that there is no access to such building or work from any such street by a passage or pathway appertaining to such site;
(g) that the land on which it is proposed to erect or re-erect such building is vested in the Central Government or Government or in the Council, and the consent of the Government concerned or, as the case may be, of the Council has not been obtained, or if the title of the land is in dispute between such person and the Council or any Government, or for any other reason, to be communicated in writing to the person, which is deemed to be just and sufficient as effecting such building.
(3) The Chairperson shall communicate the sanction to the person who has given the notice; and where he refuses sanction on any of the grounds specified in sub-section (2) or under section 245 he shall record a brief statement of his reasons for such refusal and the Chairperson shall communicate the refusal alongwith the reasons therefor to the person who has given the notice.
(4) The sanction or refusal as aforesaid shall be communicated in such manner as may be specified in the bye-laws made in this behalf.