228. Precautions during repair of streets.
(1) The Chairperson shall, so far as is practicable, during the construction or repair of any public street, or any municipal drain or any premises vested in the Council
(a) cause the same to be fenced and guarded,
(b) take proper precautions against accident by shoring up and protecting the adjoining buildings,
(c) cause such bars, chains or posts to be fixed across or in any street in which any such work of construction or repair is under execution as are necessary in order to prevent the passage of vehicles or animals and avert danger.
(2) The Chairperson shall cause such street, drain or premises to be sufficiently lighted or guarded during night while under construction or repair.
(3) The Chairperson shall, with all reasonable speed, cause the said work to be completed, the ground to be filled in, the street, drain or premises to be repaired and the rubbish occasioned thereby to be removed.
(4) No person shall, without the permission of the Chairperson or other lawful authority, remove any bar, chain, post or shorting, timber, or remove or extinguish any light set up under this section.