13. Appointment, etc., of the Chairperson.
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint a suitable person as the Chairperson of the Council in accordance with clause (a) of sub-section (1) of section 4.
(2) The Chairperson so appointed shall hold office for a term of five years in the first instance:
Provided that his appointment may be renewed from time to time for a term not exceeding one year at a time:
Provided further that where the Chairperson holds a lien on any service under the Central Government or the Government, the Central Government may at any time after reasonable notice to the Council replace his services at the disposal of the concerned Government.
(3) The Central Government may remove the Chairperson from office at any time if it appears to that Government that he is incapable of performing the duties of his office or has been guilty of neglect or misconduct in the discharge of such duties, which renders his removal expedient.
(4) The Chairperson shall not undertake any work unconnected with his office without the sanction of the Central Government and of the Council.