115. Appeal against assessment, etc.
(1) An appeal against the levy or assessment of any tax under this Act shall lie to the court of the district judges of Delhi.
(2) If, before or on the hearing of an appeal under this section, any question of law or usage having the force of law or construction of a document arises, the Court of district judge on his own motion may, or on the application of any party to the appeal, shall, draw up a statement of the facts of the case, and the question so arising, and refer the statement with his opinion on the question for the decision of the High Court.
(3) On a reference being made under sub-section (2), the subsequent proceedings in the case shall be, as nearly as may be in conformity with the rules relating to references to the High Court contained in Order XLVI of the First Schedule to the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 (5 of 1908).
(4) In every appeal, the costs shall be in the discretion of the Court.
(5) Costs awarded under this section to the Council shall be recoverable by the Council as an arrear of tax due from the appellant.
(6) If the Council fails to pay any costs awarded to an appellant within ten days after the date of the order for payment thereof, the Court may order the Chairperson to pay the amount to the appellant.