10. General powers of the Council.
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules, regulations and bye-laws made thereunder the municipal government of New Delhi shall vest in the Council.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of the provisions of sub-section (1), it shall be the duty of the Council to consider all periodical statements of the receipts and disbursements and all progress reports and pass such resolutions thereon as it thinks fit.
(3) The Council may at any time require the Chairperson
(a) to produce any record, correspondence, plan or other document which is in his possession or under his control as Chairperson or which is recorded or filed in his office or in the office of any unicipal officer or other municipal employee subordinate to him;
(b) to furnish any return, plan, estimate, statement, account or statistics concerning or connected with any matter pertaining to the administration of this Act or the municipal government of New Delhi
(c) to furnish a report by himself or to obtain from the head of any department subordinate to him and furnish with his own remarks thereon, a report, upon any subject concerning or connected with the administration of this Act or the municipal government of New Delhi.
(4) Every such requisition shall be complied with by the Chairperson without any unreasonable delay; and it shall be incumbent on every municipal officer and other municipal employee to obey any order made by the Chairperson in pursuance of any such requisition:
Provided that the Chairperson shall not be bound to comply with any such requisition if with the previous approval of the Administrator he makes a statement that such compliance would be prejudicial to public interest or to the interests of the Council.