84. Arrest without warrant.
(1) Any person subject to naval law may be ordered without warrant into naval custody by any superior officer for any offence triable under this Act.
(2) A person subject to naval law may arrest without warrant any other person subject to naval law though he may be of a higher rank who in his view commits an offence punishable with death, or imprisonment for life or for a term which may extend to fourteen years.
(3) A provost-marshal may arrest any person subject to naval law in accordance with the provisions of section 89.
(4) It shall be lawful for the purpose of effecting arrest, or taking a person into custody, without warrant to use such force as may be necessary for the purpose.
1. Subs. by Act 53 of 1974, s. 2, for "seaman" (w.e.f. 16-10-1982).