83. Power to issue warrants of arrest.
(1) The Chief of the Naval Staff, every officer in command of a fleet or squadron of ships of the Indian Navy or of any ship of the Indian Navy or the senior officer present at a port or an officer having by virtue of sub-sections (2) and (3) of section 93 power to try offences, may, by warrant under his hand, authorise any person to arrest any offender subject to naval law for any offence triable under this Act mentioned in such warrant and any such warrant may include the names of more persons than one in respect of several offences of the same nature.
(2) Any person named in any such warrant as aforesaid may, forthwith on his arrest, if the warrant so directs, be taken to the ship of the Indian Navy to which he belongs or some other ship of the Indian Navy.
(3) A person authorised to arrest an offender may use such force as may be necessary for the purpose of effecting such arrest.
(4) Where a warrant under sub-section (1) is issued to a police officer, the police officer shall take steps to execute the warrant and arrest the offender in like manner as if such warrant had been issued by a Magistrate of competent jurisdiction and shall, as soon as may be, deliver the person when arrested into naval custody.