3. Establishment of Prize Courts.-
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute from time to time as many Prize Courts as the Central Government may determine to exercise the powers and discharge the functions conferred on a Prize Court by this Act and every such Prize Court shall exercise jurisdiction within the local limits of such area or areas as may be specified by the Central Government in the said notification.
(2) Every Prize Court shall consist of such one or more than one member as the Central Government may from time to time deem it necessary to appoint.
(3) A person shall not be qualified for appointment as a member of a Prize Court unless he is a citizen of India and has been or is qualified to be appointed as a Judge of a High Court.
(4) Subject to the provisions of section 18, the conditions of service of a member of a Prize Court shall be such as the Central Government may by order determine.