3. Constitution of the National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disability, etc.
(1) With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification, appoint, there shall be constituted, for the purposes of this Act, a body by the name of the National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities, which shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal, with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property, both movable and immovable, and to contract, and shall, by the said name, sue or be sued.
(2) The general superintendence, direction and management of the affairs and business of the Trust shall vest in a Board which may exercise all powers and do all acts and things which may be exercised or done by the Trust.
(3) The head office of the Trust shall be at New Delhi and the Board may, with the previous approval of the Central Government, establish offices at other places in India.
(4) The Board shall consist of
(a) a Chairperson to be appointed by the Central Government from amongst the persons having expertise and experience in the field of autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disability;
(b) nine persons to be appointed in accordance with such procedure as may be prescribed from amongst the registered organisations out of which three members each shall be from voluntary organisations, association of parents of persons with autism, cerebral palsy, mental retardation and multiple disability and from association of persons with disability, Members:
Provided that initial appointment under this clause shall be made by the Central Government by nomination;
(c) eight persons not below the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India nominated by that Government to represent the Ministries or Departments of Social Justice and Empowerment, Women and Child Development, Health and Family Welfare, Finance, Labour, Education, Urban Affairs and Employment and Rural Employment and Poverty Alleviation, Members, ex officio;
(d) three persons to be nominated by the Board representing the associations of trade, commerce and industry engaged in philanthropic activities, Members;
(e) the Chief Executive Officer, who, shall be of the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government of India, Member-Secretary, ex officio.
(5) The Board may associate with itself, in such manner and for such purposes as may be determined by regulations, any person whose assistance or advice it may desire for carrying out the objects of the Trust:
Provided that such person shall have a right to take part in the discussions relevant to that purpose but shall not have a right to vote at a meeting of the Board and shall not be a member for any other purpose:
Provided further that the maximum number of persons so associated shall not exceed eight and so far as possible the person so associated shall belong to the registered organisation or from the professionals.