14. Appointment for guardianship.
(1) A parent of a person with disability or his relative may make an application to the local level committee for appointment of any person of his choice to act as a guardian of the persons with disability.
(2) Any registered organisation may make an application in the prescribed form to the local level committee for appointment of a guardian for a person with disability:
Provided that no such application shall be entertained by the local level committee, unless the consent of the guardian of the disabled person is also obtained.
(3) While considering the application for appointment of a guardian, the local level committee shall consider
(a) whether the person with disability needs a guardian;
(b) the purposes for which the guardianship is required for person with disability.
(4) The local level committee shall receive, process and decide applications received undersub-sections (1) and (2), in such manner as may be determined by regulations:
Provided that while making recommendation for the appointment of a guardian, the local level committee shall provide for the obligations which are to be fulfilled by the guardian.
(5) The local level committee shall send to the Board the particulars of the applications received by it and orders passed thereon at such interval as may be determined by regulations.