The National Sports University Act, 2018
3. Establishment of University.-
(1) There shall be established a University by the name of "National Sports University".
(2) The headquarters of the University shall be in the State of Manipur and it may establish or maintain Outlying Campuses, Colleges, Regional Centres and Study Centres at such other places in India as it may deem fit: Provided that the University may, with the prior approval of the Central Government, also establish Outlying Campuses and Study Centres outside India.
(3) The first Chancellor, the first Vice-Chancellor and the first members of the Court, the Executive Council and the Academic and Activity Council, and all such persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, are hereby constituted a body corporate by the name of "National Sports University".
(4) The University shall have perpetual succession and a common seal, and shall sue and be sued by the said name.