8. Power of Central Government to require any employer to release qualified persons.-
(1) The Central Government may, by order in writing, require any employer to release any qualified person for employment in national service within such time as may be specified in the order.
(2) Where an employer releases a qualified person for employment in national service, such employer shall not be liable to pay the salary, wages and other emoluments, if any, of the qualified person for the period during which national service is or has been rendered by the qualified person.
(3) No contract, subsisting between a qualified person and his employer on the date of release of the qualified person for employment in national service, shall be enforceable until such qualified person has been discharged from national service.
(4) In computing the period specified in any contract of service in relation to a qualified person who has been called upon to render national service, the period of national service actually rendered by such qualified person shall be excluded.
(5) If any employer fails without sufficient cause to comply with the order made under sub-section (1), he shall be liable to be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and also with fine which may extend to one thousand rupees.