71. Powers of a Summary Security Guard Court.-
(1) Subject to the provisions of sub-section (2), a Summary Security Guard Court may try any offence punishable under this Act.
(2) When there is no grave reason for immediate action a reference can, without detriment to discipline, be made to the officer empowered to convene a Petty Security Force Court for the trial of the alleged offender, an officer holding a Summary Security Guard Court shall not try without such reference any offence punishable under any of the sections 15, 17 and 45, or any offence against the officer holding the Court.
(3) A Summary Security Guard Court may try any person subject to this Act and under the command of the officer holding the Court, except an officer, or an Assistant Commander.
(4) A Summary Security Guard Court may pass any sentence which may be passed under this Act, except the sentence of death or of imprisonment for a term exceeding the limit specified in sub-section (5).
(5) The limit referred to in sub-section (4) shall be,-
(a) one year, if the officer holding the Security Guard Court holds the rank not below that of a Group Commander;
(b) three months, in any other case.