10. Dismissal, removal or reduction by the Director-General and by other officers.-
(1) The Director-General, any Additional Director-General or any Inspector-General may dismiss or remove from service or reduce to a lower grade or rank or the ranks, any person subject to this Act other than an officer.
(2) An officer not below the rank of a Deputy Inspector-General or any prescribed officer may dismiss or remove from the service any person under his command other than an officer or an Assistant Commander.
(3) Any such officer as is mentioned in sub-section (2) may reduce to a lower grade or rank or the ranks any person under his command except an officer or an Assistant Commander.
(4) The exercise of any power under this section shall be subject to the provisions of this Act and the rules.