6. Term of office and conditions of service of Chairperson and Members.-
(1) The Chairperson and the part-time Members, other than the part-time Members appointed under clauses (b) and (c) of sub-section (4) of section 4, shall hold office for a term not exceeding four years and shall not be eligible for any extension or re-appointment:
Provided that such person shall cease to hold office after attaining the age of seventy years.
(2) The term of office of anex officioMember shall continue as long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is such Member.
(3) Where a Member, other than anex officioMember, is absent from three consecutive ordinary meetings of the Commission and the cause of such absence is not attributable to any valid reason in the opinion of the Commission, such Member shall be deemed to have vacated the seat.
(4) The salaries and allowances payable to, and other terms and conditions of service of, the Chairperson and Member, other than anex officioMember, shall be such as may be prescribed.
(5) The Chairperson or a Member may,-
(a) relinquish his office by giving in writing to the Central Government a notice of not less than three months; or
(b)beremoved from his office in accordance with the provisions of section 7:
Provided that such person may be relieved from duties earlier than three months or be allowed to continue beyond three months until a successor is appointed, if the Central Government so decides.
(6) The Chairperson and every member of the Commission shall make declaration of his assets and his liabilities at the time of entering upon his office and at the time of demitting his office and also declare his professional and commercial engagement or involvement in such form and manner as may be prescribed, and such declaration shall be published on the website of the Commission.
(7) The Chairperson or a Member, ceasing to hold office as such, shall not accept, for a period of two years from the date of demitting such office, any employment, in any capacity, including as a consultant or an expert, in any private medical institution, whose matter has been dealt with by such Chairperson or Member, directly or indirectly: Provided that nothing herein shall be construed as preventing such person from accepting an employment in a body or institution, including medical institution, controlled or maintained by the Central Government or a State Government:
Provided further that nothing herein shall prevent the Central Government from permitting the Chairperson or a Member to accept any employment in any capacity, including as a consultant or expert in any private medical institution whose matter has been dealt with by such Chairperson or Member.