5. Search Committee for appointment of Chairperson and Members.-
(1) The Central Government shall appoint the Chairperson, part-time Members referred to in clause (a) of sub-section (4) of section 4 and the Secretary referred to in section 8 on the recommendation of a Search Committee consisting of-
(b) three experts, possessing outstanding qualifications and experience of not less thantwentyfiveyears in the field of medical education, public health education and health research, to be nominated by the Central Government- Members;
(c) one expert, from amongst the part-time Members referred to in clause (c) of sub-section (4) of section 4, to be nominated by the Central Government in such manner as may be prescribed- Member;
(d) one person, possessing outstanding qualifications and experience of not less than twenty-five years in the field of management or law or economics or science and technology, to be nominated by the Central Government-Member; and
(e)theSecretary to the Government of India in charge of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, to be theConvenor-Member.
(2) The Central Government shall, within one month from the date of occurrence of any vacancy, including by reason of death, resignation or removal of the Chairperson or a Member, or within three months before the end of tenure of the Chairperson or Member, make a reference to the Search Committee for filling up of the vacancy.
(3) The Search Committee shall recommend a panel of at least three names for every vacancy referred to it.
(4) The Search Committee shall, before recommending any person for appointment as the Chairperson or a Member of the Commission, satisfy itself that such person does not have any financial or other interest which is likely to affect prejudicially his functions as such Chairperson or Member.
(5) No appointment of the Chairperson or Member shall be invalid merely by reason of any vacancy or absence of a Member in the Search Committee.
(6) Subject to the provisions of sub-sections (2) to (5), the Search Committee may regulate its own procedure.