4. Composition of Commission.-
(1) The Commission shall consist of the following persons to be appointed by the Central Government, namely:-
(b)tenex officioMembers; and
(c) twenty-two part-time Members.
(2) The Chairperson shall be a medical professional of outstanding ability, proven administrative capacity and integrity, possessing a postgraduate degree in any discipline of medical sciences from any University and having experience of not less than twenty years in the field of medical sciences, out of which at least ten years shall be as a leader in the area of medical education.
(3) The following persons shall be theex officioMembers of the Commission, namely:-
(a)thePresident of the Under-Graduate Medical Education Board;
(b)thePresident of the Post-Graduate Medical Education Board;
(c)thePresident of the Medical Assessment and Rating Board;
(d)thePresident of the Ethics and Medical Registration Board;
(e)theDirector General of Health Services, Directorate General of Health Services, New Delhi;
(f)theDirector General, Indian Council of Medical Research;
(g)aDirector of any of the All India Institutes of Medical Sciences, to be nominated by the Central Government;
(h) two persons from amongst the Directors of Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh; Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research,Puducherry; Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai; North EasternIndiraGandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences,Shillong; and All India Institute of Hygiene and Public Health, Kolkata; to be nominated by the Central Government; and
(i) one person to represent the Ministry of the Central Government dealing with Health and Family Welfare, not below the rank of Additional Secretary to the Government of India, to be nominated by that Ministry.
(4) The following persons shall be appointed as part-time Members of the Commission, namely:-
(a) three Members to be appointed from amongst persons of ability, integrity and standing, who have special knowledge and professional experience in such areas including management, law, medical ethics, health research, consumer or patient rights advocacy, science and technology and economics; (b) ten Members to be appointed on rotational basis from amongst the nominees of the States and Union territories, under clauses
(c) and (d) of sub-section (2) of section 11, in the Medical Advisory Council for a term of two years in such manner as may be prescribed; (c) nine members to be appointed from amongst the nominees of the States and Union territories, under clause (e) of sub-section (2) of section 11, in the Medical Advisory Council for a term of two years in such manner as may be prescribed.
Explanation.-Forthe purposes of this section and section 17, the term "leader" means the Head of a Department or the Head of anorganisation.