The National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Act, 2021
29. Term of office of, vacancies among, and allowances payable to members of Council.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of a member of the Council, other than an ex officio member, shall be for a period of three years from the date of his nomination:
Provided that the term of member referred to in clause (i) of sub-section (2) of section 28 shall come to an end as soon as the member becomes a Minister or Minister of State or Deputy Minister or the Speaker or the Deputy Speaker of the House of the people or the Deputy Chairman of the Council of States or ceases to be a Member of the House from which he was elected.
(2) The term of office of an ex officio member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member.
(3) The members of the Council referred to in clauses (g) and (h) of sub-section (2) of section 28 shall hold office during the pleasure of the Central Government.
(4) The vacancy of a member of the Council, other than an ex officio member, shall be filled up in such manner as may be prescribed.
(5) The term of office of a member nominated to fill a casual vacancy shall continue for the remainder of the term of the member in whose place he has been so nominated.
(6) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, an outgoing member, other than an ex officio member, shall, unless the Central Government otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is nominated as a member in his place or until the expiry of six months whichever is earlier.
(7) The members of the Council, other than ex officio members, shall be paid such travelling and other allowances as may be provided by the Statutes.
(8) A member of the Council other than an ex officio member may be removed from his office by the Central Government in such circumstances and manner as may be prescribed.