The National Institutes of Food Technology, Entrepreneurship and Management Act, 2021
13. Term of office of, vacancies among, and allowances payable to, Members of Board.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of office of the Chairperson or a Member, other than an ex officio Member, shall be for a period of three years from the date of his appointment or nomination.
(2) The term of office of an ex officio Member shall continue so long as he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member of the Board.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, an outgoing Member, other than an ex officio Member, shall, unless the Council otherwise directs, continue in office until another person is nominated as a Member in his place or until the expiry of six months whichever is earlier.
(4) The Members of the Board, other than an ex officio Member, shall be entitled to such allowances, as may be provided by the Statutes.