4. Incorporation of Institute.-
(1) The National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, shall be a body corporate by the name aforesaid, having perpetual succession and a common seal with power to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and shall, by that name, sue or be sued.
(2) The body corporate constituting the Institute shall consist of a Chairperson, a Director and other members of the Governing Council for the time being of the Institute.
(3) The headquarters of the Institute shall be in the district of Ahmedabad in the State of Gujarat.
(4) The Institute may establish an Institute campus at such other place within India or outside India, as it may deem fit:
Provided that each campus of the National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad, established before the commencement of this Act, at Bengaluru in the State of Karnataka and Gandhinagar in the State of Gujarat, shall be deemed to be the Institute campus.