36S. Appeal to the Appellate Tribunal.-
(1) Any person aggrieved by an order made or deemed to have been made by the recovery officer under this Chapter, may prefer an appeal to an Appellate Tribunal having jurisdiction in the matter.
(2) Every appeal under sub-section (1) shall be filed within a period of forty-five days from the date on which a copy of the order made or deemed to have been made by the recovery officer is received by him and it shall be in such form and be accompanied by such fee as may be prescribed: Provided that the Appellate Tribunal may entertain an appeal after the expiry of the said period of forty-five days if it is satisfied that there was sufficient cause for not filing it within that period.
(3) On receipt of an appeal under sub-section (1), the Appellate Tribunal may, after giving the parties to the appeal, an opportunity of being heard, pass such orders thereon as it thinks fit, confirming, modifying or setting aside the order appealed against.
(4) The Appellate Tribunal shall send a copy of every order made by it to the parties to the appeal and to the concerned recovery officer.
(5) The appeal filed before the Appellate Tribunal under sub-section (1) shall be dealt with by it as expeditiously as possible and endeavour shall be made by it to dispose of the appeal finally within six months from the date of the receipt of the appeal.