36G. Enforcement of order of recovery officer.-
(1) Where the borrower refuses or fails to comply with the order within the time specified therein the recovery officer may, take possession of any property pledged, mortgaged, hypothecated or assigned to the approved institution as security for any assistance in respect of which default has been made and transfer by way of sale, lease or otherwise such property.
(2) Any transfer by way of sale, lease or otherwise under this section shall be conducted in such manner as may be prescribed.
(3) Any transfer of property made by the recovery officer, in exercise of its powers under subsection (1), shall vest in the transferee all rights in or to the property transferred, as if the transfer has been made by the owner of the property.
(4) Where any action has been taken against the borrower under the provisions of sub-section (1), all costs, charges, expenses which in the opinion of the recovery officer have been properly incurred by him as incidental thereto, shall be recoverable from the borrower and the money which is received by it shall, in the absence of any contract to the contrary, be held by it in trust to be applied firstly, in payment of such costs, charges and expenses and secondly, in discharge of debt, due to the approved institution, and the residue of the money so received shall be paid to the person entitled thereto.
(5) If the dues of the approved institution, together with all costs, charges and expenses incurred by the recovery officer, are tendered to the approved institution or to the recovery officer at any time before the date fixed for sale or transfer, the property shall not be sold or transferred, and no further steps shall be taken for transfer or sale of that property.