36F. Procedure in respect of application under section 36E.-
(1) On receipt of an application under section 36E, if the recovery officer is of opinion that the borrower is under a liability to an approved institution under an agreement, or has made default in repayment of the assistance or any instalment thereof or has otherwise failed to comply with the terms of said agreement, he shall cause a written notice of demand in such form as may be prescribed to be served on the borrower, calling upon him to pay the amount specified in the notice within a period of ninety days from the date of service thereof or to show cause as to why the relief prayed for should not be granted.
(2) The recovery officer may after giving the applicant and the borrower an opportunity of being heard, pass such interim or final order, including the order for payment of interest from the date on or before which payment of the amount is found due up to the date of realisation or actual payment, on the application as it thinks fit to meet the ends of justice.
(3) The recovery officer may also consider and if satisfied, allow any claim of set-off or counterclaim set up by the borrower against the approved institution or person.
(4) The recovery officer shall supply a copy of every order passed by it to the approved institution and the borrower.
(5) The recovery officer may make an interim order (whether by way of injunction or stay or attachment) against the borrower to debar him from transferring, alienating or otherwise dealing with or disposing of, any property which is pledged, mortgaged, hypothecated or assigned to the approved institution as security for the dues.
(6) The application made to the recovery officer under section 36E shall be dealt with by him as expeditiously as possible and endeavour shall be made by him to dispose of the application finally within six months from the date of receipt of the application.