(1) The National Housing Bank may, at any time, cause an inspection to be made by one or more of its officers or employees or other persons (hereafter in this section referred to as the inspecting authority) of any housing finance institution accepting deposits, for the purpose of verifying the correctness or completeness of any statement, information or particulars furnished to the National Housing Bank or for the purpose of obtaining any information or particulars which the housing finance institution has failed to furnish on being called upon to do so.
(2) It shall be the duty of every director or member of any committee or other body or any person for the time being vested with the management of the whole or part of the affairs of every housing finance institution accepting deposits or other officer or employee thereof to produce to the inspecting authority all such books, accounts and other documents in his custody or power and to furnish that authority with any statement and information relating to the business of the institution as that authority may require of him, within such time as may be specified by that authority.
(3) The inspecting authority may examine on oath any director or member of any committee or body or any other person for the time being vested with the management of the affairs of the housing finance institution, accepting deposits, or any officer or employee thereof, in relation to its business.
1. Ins. by Act 15 of 2000, s. 17 (w.e.f. 12-6-2000).
2. Subs. by Act 13 of 2018, s. 171, for "Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956)" (w.e.f 1-6-2018).