25. Power to collect credit information.-
(1) The National Housing Bank may, for the purpose of the efficient discharge of its functions under this Act, at any time direct any 1[institution] to submit to it credit information in such form and within such time as may be specified by the National Housing Bank from time to time.
(2) Every 1[institution] shall, notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in any law for the time being in force or in any instrument regulating the constitution thereof or in any agreement executed by it, relating to the secrecy of its dealings with its constituents, be bound to comply with any directions issued under sub-section (1).
(3) The National Housing Bank may, for the purpose of the efficient discharge of its functions under this Act collect from the Central and State Governments, local authorities, the Reserve Bank, any bank or such financial or other institutions as the Reserve Bank may specify in this behalf, credit information or other information.
Explanation.-For the purposes of this section and section 26, credit information means any information relating to-
(i) the amount of loans and advances and other credit facilities granted for the purpose of housing;
(ii) the nature of security taken for such loans, advances or other credit facilities;
(iii) the guarantees furnished; and
(iv) any other information which has a bearing on the credit-worthiness of the borrower.
1. Subs. by Act 15 of 2000, s. 12, for "housing finance institution" (w.e.f. 12-6-2000).