41. Statutes how to be made.-
(1) The first Statutes of the University shall be made by the Board of Governors with the prior approval of the Central Government and a copy of the same shall be laid as soon as may be it is made, before each House of Parliament:
Provided that till such Statutes are made, the provisions of existing regulations of the Gujarat Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar shall continue to be applicable:
Provided further that till the Statutes for the administrative functioning of Delhi campus of the University is made, the functions in Delhi campus shall continue in the same manner presently being followed by the Lok Nayak Jayaprakash Narayan National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences, New Delhi.
(2) The Board of Governors may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that the Board of Governors shall not make, amend or repeal any Statutes affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given an opportunity of expressing an opinion in writing on the proposed changes, and any opinion so expressed shall be considered by the Board of Governors.
(3) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, the Central Government may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter as it may specify.
(4) The power to make Statutes shall include the power to give retrospective effect from a date not earlier than the date of commencement of this Act, to the Statutes or any of them, but no retrospective effect shall be given to any Statute so as to prejudicially affect the interests of any person to whom such Statute may be applicable.