17. Terms of office of members of Board of Governors.-
(1) Save as otherwise provided in this section, the term of a nominated member of the Board of Governors under clause (g) of sub-section (1) of section 15 shall be three years from the date of his nomination.
(2) A nominated member of the Board of Governors shall be eligible for re-nomination for the next term.
(3) A nominated member of the Board of Governors may resign from his office by writing under his hand addressed to the Chairperson and his resignation shall take effect from the date it is accepted by the Chairperson.
(4) The term of office of an ex officio member of the Board of Governors shall continue so long as he holds the office by the virtue of which he is a member.