(1) The Central Government shall, by notification, constitute a Court for the University to be headed by the Chancellor.
(2) The members of the Court shall be nominated by the Central Government, in consultation with such State Governments as it deems fit, from amongst persons of eminence, including from the fields of forensics, bio-technology, criminal justice, law enforcement, technology and academia.
(3) The term of office of members of the Court shall be such as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(4) The Vice-Chancellor shall be the convenor of the Court.
(5) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Court shall have the following powers and perform the following functions, namely:-
(a) to review, from time to time, the broad policies and programmes of the University, and to suggest measures for the improvement and development of the University;
(b) to consider and pass resolutions on the annual report and the annual accounts of the University and the audit report on such accounts; and
(c) to perform such other functions as may be laid down in the Statutes.
(6) The Court shall meet at least once in a year.