(1) The Central Government may, by notification, appoint a person of eminence as the Chancellor of the University in consultation with such State Governments as it deems fit.
(2) The Chancellor shall, by virtue of his office, be the Head of the University and shall preside at the convocations of the University held for conferring degrees.
(3) The Chancellor may invite any person or persons of eminence to advise the University in relation to the affairs of the University as and when necessary.
(4) Notwithstanding anything contained in this Act, the Chancellor may order or undertake an inspection or inquiry, if he deems it necessary.
(5) The Chancellor shall have such other powers as may be laid down in the Statutes.