Management of The National Dairy Development Board
8. Management of National Dairy Development Board and composition of its Board of Directors.-
(1) The general superintendence, direction, control and management of the affairs and business of the National Dairy Development Board shall vest in a Board of Directors, which shall exercise all powers and do all acts and things which may be exercised or done by the National Dairy Development Board.
(2) The Board of Directors of the National Dairy Development Board shall consist of the following, namely:-
(a) a Chairman;
(b) one director from amongst the officials of the Central Government;
(c) two directors from amongst the Chairmen of the State Co-operative Dairy Federations;
(d) whole-time directors, not more than three in number, from amongst the executives of the highest grade of the National Dairy Development Board;
(e) one director, being an expert, from outside the National Dairy Development Board.
(3) The Chairman and the director referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (2) shall be nominated by the Central Government and the directors referred to in clauses (c), (d) and (e) of sub-section (2) shall be nominated by the Central Government after consultation with the Chairman: Provided that the Chairman and the director referred to in clause (e) of sub-section (2) shall be persons professionally qualified in one or more specialities, namely, dairying, animal husbandry, rural economics, rural development, business administration or banking.
(4) The Board may associate with itself, in such manner, on such terms and for such purposes as it may deem fit, any person whose assistance or advice it may desire in complying with any of the provisions of this Act, and a person so associated shall have the right to take part in the discussions of the Board relevant to the purposes for which he has been associated but shall not have the right to vote.