11. Manner of transacting business of Board.-
(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Board shall, in the discharge of its functions, act on sound business principles with due regard to public interest.
(2) Save as otherwise prescribed, the Chairman shall have the powers of general superintendence, direction, control and management of the affairs and business of the National Dairy Development Board, and he may exercise all other powers and do all acts and things which may be exercised or done by the Board.
(3) The Chairman may, when he is unable to discharge his functions by reason of his being away or otherwise, authorise any whole-time director to discharge all or any of his functions for a temporary period.
(4) In the absence of the Chairman and of an authorised whole-time director as referred to in sub-section (3), for whatsoever reason, the powers of the Chairman may be exercised by the senior-most of the whole-time directors referred to in clause (d) of sub-section (2) of section 8.