4. Term of office and conditions of service of Members.-
(1) The Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and the Member-Secretary shall hold office on a full-time basis.
(2) The term of office of the Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson and the Member-Secretary shall be four years, or till they complete the age of sixty years, whichever is earlier.
(3) The conditions of service of the Chairperson, the Vice-Chairperson and the Member-Secretary shall be such as may be prescribed.
(4) The term of office of Members [other than the Members specified in clauses (a) to (l) and clauses (n) and (o) of sub-section (4) of section 3] shall be two years or till fresh appointments are made, whichever is later, and other conditions of service of such Members shall be such as may be prescribed.
(5) If a casual vacancy occurs in the office of Chairperson, whether by reason of death, resignation or inability to discharge the functions of a Chairperson owing to illness or other incapacity, the Vice-Chairperson holding office as such for the time being, shall act as the Chairperson and shall, unless any other person is appointed earlier as Chairperson, hold office of the Chairperson for the remainder of the term of office of the person in whose place the said person is to so act.
(6) If a casual vacancy occurs in the office of the Vice-Chairperson or any other Member, whether by reason of death, resignation or inability to discharge his functions owing to illness or other incapacity, such vacancy shall be filled up by making fresh appointment and the person so appointed shall hold office for the remainder of the term of the office of the person in whose place such person is so appointed.
(7) The Chairperson shall, in addition to presiding over the meetings of the Council, exercise and discharge such powers and duties of the Council as may be delegated to him by the Council and such other powers and duties as may be prescribed.
(8) The Vice-Chairperson shall perform such functions as may be assigned to him by the Chairperson from time to time.