17. Accounts of Board and audit.-
(1) The Corporation shall maintain proper accounts and other relevant records and prepare an annual statement of accounts in such form as may be prescribed in consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India.
(2) The account of the Corporation shall be audited annually by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any person authorised by him in this behalf and any expenditure incurred in connection with such audit shall be payable by the Corporation.
(3) The Comptroller and Auditor-General of India and any person authorised by him in connection with the audit of the accounts of the Corporation shall have the same rights, privileges and authority in connection with such audit as the Comptroller and Auditor-General has in connection with the audit of Government accounts and in particular, shall have the right to demand the production of books, accounnts, connected vouchers and other documents and papers and to inspect any office of the Corporation.
(4) The accounts of the Corporation certified by the Comptroller and Auditor-General of India or any other person authorised by him in this behalf together with an audit report thereon shall be forwarded annually to the Central Government and that Government shall cause the same to be laid before both Houses of Parliament.