The National Commissionfor Safai Karamcharis
3. Constitution of the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis.-
(1) The Central Government shall, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute a body to be known as the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis to exercise the powers conferred on, and to perform the functions assigned to, it under this Act.
(2) The Commission shall consist of-
(a) a Chairperson;
(b) a Vice-Chairperson;
(c) fiveMembers, to be nominated, from amongst the persons of eminence connected with the socio-economic development and welfare of Safai Karamcharis, by the Central Government: Provided that at least one of the Members shall be a woman.
1. 12th August, 1994, vide notification No. S.O. 591(E), dated 12th August, 1994, see Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II, sec. 3(ii).
2. Subs. by Act 55 of 2001, s.2, for "31st day of March, 2002" (w.e.f. 13-12-2001).