1. Short title, extent, application, commencement, duration and savings.-
(1) This Act may be called the National Commission for Safai Karamcharis Act, 1993.
(2) It extends to the whole of India except the State of Jammu and Kashmir.
(3) It shall come into force on such date1 as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint.
(4) It shall cease to have effect after the 2[29th day of February, 2004], except as respects things done or omitted to be done before such cesser, and upon such cesser section 6 of the General Clauses Act, 1897 (10 of 1897), shall apply as if this Act had then been repealed by a Central Act.