The National Commission for Backward Classes Act, 1993
17. Power to make rules.
- The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, make rules for carrying out the provisions of this Act.
- In particular, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing powers, such rules may provide for all or any of the following matters, namely: -
- Salaries and allowances payable to, and the other terms and conditions of service of, the Chairperson and Members under sub-section (5) of section 4 and the officers and other Employees under sub-section (2) of section 5;
- The form in which the annual statement of accounts shall be prepared under sub-section (1) of section 13;
- The form in, and the time at, which the annual report shall be prepared under section 14;
- Any other matter, which is required to be or may be prescribed
- Every rule made under this Act shall be laid, as soon as may be after it is made, before each House of Parliament, while it is in session, for a total period of thirty days which may be comprised in one session or in two or more successive sessions, and if, before the expiry of the session immediately following the session or the successive sessions aforesaid, both Houses agree in making any modification in the rule or both Houses agree that the rule should not be made, the rule shall thereafter have effect only in such modified form or be of no effect, as the case may be; so, however, that any such modification or annulment shall be without prejudice to the validity of anything previously done under that rule.