Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985
7A. National Fund for Control of Drug Abuse
(1) The Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, constitute a Fund to be called the National Fund for Control of Drug Abuse (hereafter in this Chapter referred to as the Fund ) and there shall be credited thereto -
(a) an amount which the Central Government may, after due appropriation made by Parliament by law in this behalf, provide;
(b) the sale proceeds of any property forfeited under Chapter VA;
(c) any grants that may be made by any person or institution;
(d) any income from investment of the amounts credited to the Fund under the aforesaid provisions.
(2) The Fund shall be applied by the Central Government to meet the expenditure incurred in connection with the measures taken for combating illicit traffic in, or controlling abuse of, narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances for all or any of the purposes specified in sub-section (1) of section 71.
(3) The Central Government may constitute a Governing Body as it thinks fit to advise that Government in regard to the application of the Fund.
(4) The Governing Body shall consist of a Chairman (not below the rank of an Additional Secretary to the Central Government) and such other members not exceeding six as the Central Government may appoint.
(5) The Governing Body shall have the power to regulate its own procedure.