7. Governing Board.
(1) There shall be a Governing Board of the University consisting of the following persons as its members, namely:
(a) the Chancellor;
(b) the Vice-Chancellor;
(c) five members from amongst the Member States which provide maximum financial assistance during a period of three years to be nominated by the Member States;
(d) one member, not below the rank of Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, to be nominated by the Central Government;
(e) two members, representing the State Government of Bihar, to be nominated by the State Government;
(f) one member not below the rank of Additional Secretary in the Ministry of Human Resource Development, to be nominated by the Central Government;
(g) three members from amongst the persons being renowned academician or educationist, to be nominated by the Central Government.
(2) Each member of the Governing Board referred to in clauses (c) to (g) of sub-section (1), shall hold office for a fixed term of three years.
(3) The Chancellor shall be the Chairperson of the Governing Board.
(4) The member, being the Secretary in the Ministry of External Affairs, nominated under clause (d) of sub-section (1), shall be the Member-Secretary of the Governing Board.
(5) Subject to the provisions of this Act, the Statutes and the Ordinances made thereunder, the Governing Board may regulate its own procedure (including quorum) for the conduct of its meetings.