4. Establishment and incorporation of Nalanda University.
(1) The University of Nalanda in the State of Bihar, established under the University of Nalanda Act, 2007 (Bihar Act 18 of 2007), shall be established as a body corporate under this Act by the name of "Nalanda University".
(2) The first Visitor, the first Chancellor, the first Vice-Chancellor, the first members of the Governing Board and the Academic Council, and all persons who may hereafter become such officers or members, so long as they continue to hold such office or membership, shall constitute the University.
(3) The University shall have perpetual succession and a common seal and shall sue and be sued by the said name.
(4) The Headquarters of the University shall be in the district of Nalanda in the State of Bihar.
(5) The University may establish or maintain centres at such other places in India as it may deem fit:
Provided that the University may, with the approval of the Governing Board, establish study centres outside India.