28. Statutes how made.
(1) The first Statutes shall be made by the Governing Board, with the prior approval of the Visitor, within six months of the commencement of this Act, for operation of University.
(2) The Governing Board may, from time to time, make new or additional Statutes or may amend or repeal the Statutes referred to in sub-section (1):
Provided that the Governing Board shall not make, amend or repeal any Statute affecting the status, powers or constitution of any authority of the University until such authority has been given a reasonable opportunity to express its opinion in writing on the proposed changes and any opinion so expressed has been considered by the Governing Board.
(3) Every new Statute or addition to the Statutes or any amendment or repeal thereof shall require the assent of the Visitor, who may assent thereto or withhold assent or remit to the Governing Board for reconsideration in the light of the observations, if any, made by him.
(4) A new Statute or a Statute amending or repealing an existing Statute shall not be valid unless it has been assented to by the Visitor.
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in the foregoing sub-sections, the Visitor may direct the University to make provisions in the Statutes in respect of any matter specified by him and if the Governing Board is unable to implement such a direction within sixty days of its receipt, the Visitor may, after considering the reasons, if any, communicated by the Governing Board for its inability to comply with such directions, make or amend the Statutes suitably.