(1) The President of India shall be the Visitor of the University:
Provided that the President may, by order, nominate any person to be the Visitor and such person so nominated shall hold office for such term, not exceeding five years as may be specified in the order and the person so nominated shall exercise the powers and discharge duties of the Visitor.
(2) The Visitor may, from time to time, appoint one or more persons to review the work and progress of the University and to submit a report thereon; and upon receipt of that report, the Visitor may, after obtaining the views of the Governing Board thereon through the Vice-Chancellor, take such action and issue such directions as he considers necessary in respect of any of the matters dealt with in the report and the University shall be bound to comply with such directions.
(3) The Visitor shall have the right to cause an inspection to be made, by such person or persons as he may direct, of the University, its buildings, libraries, laboratories and equipments, and of any institution or centre maintained by the University or admitted to its privileges, and also of the examinations, teaching and other work conducted or done by the University and to cause an inquiry to be made in respect of any matter connected with the University.
(4) The Visitor shall, in every case give notice to the University of his intention to cause an inspection or inquiry to be made, and the University shall be entitled to appoint a representative within thirty days or such other period as the Visitor may determine who shall have the right to be present and be heard at such inspection or inquiry.
(5) The Visitor may address the Vice-Chancellor with reference to the result of inspection and inquiry, and the Vice-Chancellor shall communicate to the Governing Board the views of the Visitor with such advice as the Visitor may offer upon the action to be taken thereon.
(6) The Governing Board shall communicate through the Vice-Chancellor to the Visitor, such action, if any, as it proposes to take or has been taken upon the result of such inspection or inquiry.
(7) Where the Governing Board does not, within a reasonable time, take action to the satisfaction of the Visitor, he may, after considering any explanation furnished or representation made by the Governing Board, issue such directions as he may think fit and the Governing Board shall be bound to comply with such directions.
(8) Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this section, the Visitor may, by order in writing, annul any proceeding of the University which is not in conformity with this Act, the Statutes, the Ordinances or the Regulations.
(9) The Visitor shall have such other powers as may be prescribed by the Statutes.