National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development Act, 1981
Chapter II: Establishment of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development and Capital Thereof
3. Establishment and incorporation of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development.-
1. With effect from such date as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, appoint, there shall be established for the purposes of this Act, a bank to be known as the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development.
2. The Bank shall be a body corporate with the name aforesaid having perpetual succession and a common seal with power, subject to the provisions of this Act, to acquire, hold and dispose of property and to contract, and may by that name sue and be sued.
3. The head office of the National Bank shall be at Bombay or at such other place as the Central Government may, by notification, specify.
4. The National Bank may establish offices, branches or agencies at any place in India, and with the previous approval of the Central Government and in consultation with the Reserve Bank, at any place outside India.