In this Act, unless there is anything repugnant in the subject or context,-
(1) "Immoveable properties of the estate" means the properties contained in the Schedules of immoveable property annexed to the Indenture included in and confirmed by the Murshidabad Act, 1891 (15 of 1891), with any additional immoveable property added thereto under sub-section (1) of section 3 of that Act, and includes all immoveable property acquired under the provisions of section 32 of the Land Acquisition Act, 1894 (1 of 1894);
(2) "issues and profits of the immoveable properties of the estate" includes all money awarded under the Land Acquisition Act, 1894 (1 of 1894), as compensation for the acquisition of any of the immoveable properties of the estate together with interest thereon;
(3) "Manager" means the officer appointed under section 3;
(4) "Nawab Bahadur" means the Nawab Bahadur of Murshidabad for the time being;
3* * * * *;
(6) "Board of Revenue" means the Board of Revenue, 4[West Bengal];
(7) "Prescribed" means provided for by this Act or by rules made under section 28.
1. The following enactments, in so far as they do not relate to the descent of the title of Nawab Bahadur or to the sum of rupees two lakhs and thirty thousand payable to the Nawab Bahadur from the revenues of the Government in pursuance of the Indenture included in, and confirmed by, the Moorshedabad Act, 1891 (15 of 1891) or to the payment thereof to the Nawab Bahadur in accordance with the provisions of the said Indenture by equal monthly instalments of rupees nineteen thousand one hundred and sixty-six and ten annas and eight pies, are hereby repealed, namely:-
(1) The Murshedabad Act, 1891 (XV of 1891).
(2) The Murshidabad Estate Administration Act, 1933 (23 of 1933).
(3) The Murshidabad. Act, 1946. (Ben. Act XV of 1946).
(4) The Murshidabad Estate Administration (Amendment) Act, 1959 (West Ben. Act XX of 1959) Rep. by West Bengal Act 2 of 1963, s. 10 (w.e.f. 1-5-1963).
2. Ins. by the A.O. 1937.
3. I.e., the 1st April, 1937.
4. Ins. by the A.O. 1948.
5. Subs. by the A.O. 1937, for "these".
6. Subs., ibid., for "Secretary of State".
7. Subs. by the A.O. 1948, for "Bengal".